Sunday, January 6, 2013

Brian's first Post


Thanks for getting this started.  I was partial to a podcast if only to hear our idiot Cowboy fan friend get into arguments that he couldn’t find his way out of but I’m perfectly willing to put pen to paper so long as the wife and kids allow it.  Let me be among the first to wish Coach Reid a good life in the AFC.  I echo your comments that the only people happier than Eagles fans to see Reid thrown out of town are Giants fans.  The last time the Giants owned the Eagles they had a drunk racist quitter at QB, Jason Sehorn was relevant, and Jim Fassell was better known for pushing his chips to the middle of the table rather than those two William Hanbrecht Championships he won with Las Vegas Locomotive.

I would have rather seen Reid take a year off if only because the Giants will be going to Arrowhead in 2013.  Why not take a year?  If I’m him I reintroduce myself to my family, do a little P90X, eat a piece of lettuce, and play a little Madden 2013 to learn how to run the ball and use timeouts and challenges appropriately. Eagles have to pay him anyway.  Maybe he can do good things with the Chiefs.  As always, it will all come down to QB play.  At least Matt Cassell doesn’t kill dogs or throw up in the middle of big games but still I’m not sure that he is the answer.

Why the hatred for Osi?  Besides that one time that Winston Justice impersonated a garbage can, the Eagles have done quite well running to Osi’s side.  I think Shady is going to miss him terribly.

Speaking of Osi, am I the only one that’s afraid that the Giants Super Bowl core all got old at the exact same moment?  For all the love for Jerry Reese, the core of the last two Giants Super Bowl teams were Ernie Accorsi draft picks.  2003 – Osi and Diehl.  2004 – Eli and Snee.  2005 – Webster, Tuck, and Jacobs.  Reese has had his moments but a lot of his picks have either been busts (Clint Sintim, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckhum, Jerrel Jernigan, Marvin Austin (too soon?) or brittle (Kevin Boss, Kenny Phillips, Jay Alford, Steve Smith, Terrell Thomas).  Others like Barry Cofield and Mario Manningham were lost to free agency.  Don’t get me wrong, Reese has had some great hits but are JPP, Linval, Nicks, Prince, Cruz, ready to be the core of the next championship runs?  The irony of writing this as I watch JJ Watt be the player I expected JPP to be is not lost on me.  Time will tell but let’s not underestimate the aging of the Accorsi core for the latest mid season swoon.  

As for Mike McCoy, I’m guessing it won’t be so easy without Peyton.  At least Bill O’Brien isn’t jumping ship after one season.  Good luck to him on the recruiting trail.  Can’t imagine why PSU would be a tough sell.    

1 comment:

  1. Listen, being the "idiot Cowboy Fan" does a lot of good especially on this soon to be bias - disillusioned Blue and Green Site. It should be Black and Blue based on this year's performance by both teams. That's besides the point, when will Giant fans admit that Eli Manning is nothing like his brother Peyton and is not a top 5 NFL QB? I can admit when my QB has many deficiencies but Eli an Elite QB? No way, no how. When it's all said and done and Eli takes his paint drying personality last snap he will be defined by two plays. The first being his rosary bead luck slip away from DE Jarvis Green to throw a lame duck pass to David Tyree or more formally known as "The Catch". The other is the chuck up pass to Mario Manningham in last years SB that set the Giants up for the winning score. If you zoom in close Manningham doen't even have his eyes open when catching that pass. That's it. Besides those two plays he is Trent Dilfer + 1. At the end of the day his regular season stats will be so mediocre that there will be no debate that he is an elite QB. Besides D Jeter, I never have seen a professional athlete be set up for success like Eli Manning. We can discuss my last comment another time.

    Gotta Go.

    Grade A # 1 Cowboy Fan

    ReplyDelete